Providing Website Assets for the Billboard Template
If you purchase one of vinSUITE's BluePrint templates, you may have questions about the images that you will need to provide in order to take full advantage of the template. Please use the following as an image specification guide to be sure you have given us the correct file types and sizes to avoid extra work and possible charges.
The following is a size/format guide for images on this template:
- Your website logo file(s) need to be provided as transparent background PNGs, no larger than 400px, and should be cropped close to the image/text. Logos that are somewhat square (rather than tall or wide) work best for this design. If you would like the logo that changes from light to dark on scroll like this template has, you must provide both logo files, and they must be identical in size/crop.
- Banner images on internal pages (AKA page images) must be landscape-oriented (horizontal), and should be at least 2000px wide for best results. Please keep in mind that images WILL be cropped at certain times depending on screen size, so it is never a good idea to choose images with the hope to have a particular part of an image displaying at all times--there is no way to ensure this. Heights may vary, see more info on the way banner images appear in the Style Guide. Image file names may not have any spaces.
- Bottle shots and/or product images should be cropped close to the image subject--there should not be extra space around the bottle/product. These images should be 600px on the longest side, (transparent background PNG files work best, see #8 below). They can be smaller than this, but it's best to have nice large images for product detail pages. They will never display larger than 600px on this template. The images will be resized appropriately to fit the different places they display on the site (store category pages, product detail pages, and shopping cart).
- Any images you provide to be placed within your content can be any size you desire, but they should be provided no larger than the largest size you expect to see them on the website.
- Header image for system-generated emails, these must be 600px wide and in GIF format. The height may vary, but typically should be around 120px tall to preserve space. If you do not provide this header separately to us, we will create one from your website logo. Please note that all system-generated emails/confirmations/receipts as well as newsletters share this singular header.
- Helpful Links:
1. Link to Color Picker: https://www.webpagefx.com/web-design/color-picker/
2. Link to Google Fonts: https://fonts.google.com/
3. Link to My City Scene (free event calendar) https://mycityscene.com/
- File Types: Our admin panel will allow you to upload JPG, PNG, and GIF image files. See examples of each below.
- JPGs are commonly used image files, but will always display a white background behind bottle shots and other images in which the subject does not fill the rectangular file shape.
- PNGs are high quality image files that allow for transparent backgrounds, which is great for bottle shots and other images where the subject matter does not fill the entire file.
- GIFs can also be saved with transparent backgrounds, but typically do not have the same quality as a PNG or JPG.
PNG - transparent background
GIF - transparent background